Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer camp

Cartoon Capers was perfect. The kids love their quills - I let the student helper hand them out. Every quill was taped to the wall next to the kids' cartoons on the walls, so when the parents came to see the show, they could tell what the kids used to make their images. That was the kids' idea. The kids were so obviously cherishing them. It was like they were holding teddy bears.

I got a treasure as a parting gift from one young lady, a drinking glass she had etched herself, with my name, and the date in Chinese. Not my real name, but Elbows. I am still thrilled.

All the comic books went home with them. We came up with a few new ideas which worked well, and I will be integrating them into future classes. The kids and parents got tips for maintaining and repairing their quills. I even made them copy a diagram into their folders so they wouldn't forget.

I'm getting a lot of gifts lately.

No comments: