Friday, September 14, 2007

September

Tuesday I went with Kim to Kleinburg to see Mary Pratt and Robert Bateman, who were both at the McMichael at the same time. I had no idea that Bateman had been to Tibet. In one of his books he also mentions using Zen in his art classes. I wonder if he is a Buddhist... He certainly exhibits (!) a lot of compassion for animals. Mary Pratt didn't have many paintings, but a Japanese artist had made numerous woodcuts of her paintings. This artist using so many blocks to make the pictures that from across the gallery, you might have mistaken the prints for real paintings.
Last night I saw some poetry at the Strega, the new home of the Grey Border series. I may need to find a new hangout, as I spend so much time at the Strega now. I got 2 CDs, including a new Fave: "Sarasvati Scapes, a Sound Opera" by Penn Kemp and Angela Hryniuk. There are a few tracks that feature Kiran Ahluwalia vocals. It's basically a travelogue told in verse form with chanting, music and sounds added. I stayed up late listening to it all the way through, and then again this morning getting ready for work.

1 comment:

ANSHU said...


Thank you for this information.
gaatha is a unique audio platform where you will find stories, poetries, kids’ stories, spiritual and Motivational stuff all in audio form. You can enjoy listening all interesting content of your choice while finishing up your daily chores. Now time shortage will never be the hindrance for you to enjoy literature.
gaatha