Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend review

I saw the Cuds on Friday night. Dan Brown from my University painting classes was there. So was a young lady with tattoos who told me she had seen me on the CBC. She pretended to measure my arms for shirt sleeves for a while while talking to me. I forgot to tell her I was going to be in a magazine article soon too. For their last set, the band left the stage and played sotto for us right next to the serving area. What a treat!
The Art of Peace Festival on Saturday was a success. Lots of people were in the audience to see Crooked Trail, a band from Ridgeway. They were a family for the most part, and I liked seeing people having fun like that on stage. I'd go see them again. Anthony Sweet filled in for a Speak Your Peace segment. I noticed right away that he was singing into mthe mike rather than shouting into it, and when he was done I told him I appreciated it. He handed me a CD. His myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/anthonybesweet . He has a bit of a Radiohead thing going; it's good. Another art instructor from Rodman Hall was in the white tent making a quilt with the kids, but the sheet I was reading said she was making a mural with bells and whistles. I got the gears from her for a while. She even called me her nemesis. I tried to explain but she would have none of it. I may be having an interesting summer.
June-Etta Chenard was there with the Quakers making T-shirts with people that read: War is not the answer. Mine is orange. I feel happy every time I see June-Etta.
Sunday I met with my teaching partner at the Strega (which was closed for Fathers' day) to plan out 1st week of camp at Carousel Players. Our theme is going to be boats! We've both lived in Winnipeg, and we both loved going to the Museum of Man and Nature. One of our inspirations is going to be the Nonesuch - a replica of a sailing ship in a harbout built right in the museum that made a big impression on both of us.
Sunday night was BBQ burgers at dad's with the brothers. Dad passed around some of gramps' fishing lures, then I drove Darcy and Danny out to a possible new location for a geo-cache. Darcy seems to like my suggestion. I won't spoil his fun by giving it away here. Then I had a horrible sleep. I'm blaming the burgers. There was nothing wrong with them, but I hadn't eaten any meat for a month.

No comments: