Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another busy day




I started the day off with blueberry pancakes and an egg at Christina's. The fellow at the next booth over was reading an interesting looking book about nutrition, so I asked if I could look at it when his order came. Then George Doros walked in and we yakked a bit. the fellow in the next booth heard all the art talk and told me that he is a professional photographer, and that his son wants to go to OCAD, and we had the same high school art teachers, and he is a vegetarian. I'm kinda glad to be so gregarious! I told him to go check out the NAC Garage sale.




The kids in my painting class at Rodman have one week left. I told them that they were making grisaille, and what that meant. They also started a new colour exercise. Several of the girls' parents are teachers, and the girls were surprised to hear that I am a 'teacher' as well. Apparantly I am not like a real teacher to them. I'll be processing that for a while.




I got some pics posted on the facebook site from the Rodman Hall March Break Art Camp, and there are 2 or 3 here now too.




The Mansion House has asked me to fill up some of their chalk boards, so I have been putting illustrated advice up for the bubble hockey game, and a few bad jokes. For instance, there's a picture of a spilled beer with the caption : "The 5 second rule doesn't count for beer, so learn how to hold your liquor!" And my fave: "Tip bartenders, not cows!" There's a drawing of a toppled Holstein next to it. I'll post a pic or two as they show up.

No comments: