Saturday, April 14, 2007

"You did all that?"

The girls in my art class at Rodman are making some great pictures, but it always feels like they have to pack up and leave just as soon as they get started. One girl came late because she had been to a birthday party - she didn't want to miss the last half hour of class if she didn't have to! They are making monochrome still life pictures of my knick-knacks. When they are done they will test by cutting holes into the centres of the squares in their scales, and match up the tones to see if they have at least 8 different values. Afterwards, as a surprise, I'm going to let them put a colour wash over the monochrome to give their pictures a full rainbow of hues.
Then it was off to April's birthday. I think the best way to describe her would be my long lost niece. I had my mom meet me there, and we had a big reunion with Barb and Jen and Roger. What a treat! I'm sure there will be pictures. I understand faces were hurting from laughing so much at my show.
Then dinner at Strega with mom, and off to see the Niagara Dance Company perform at the Old Courthouse Theatre. Saw Kim's Chair dance and liked it a lot. All the performances were good. I really felt good seeing an artform that hadn't been mediated by a glowing bluish square screen.
Afterwards I talked with Anita about the upcoming Thinner Smarter Younger Show at the Fine Grind.

No comments: