Thursday, December 07, 2006

Me noggin isn't the only thing looking bald

Hmmm. Looks like if I had waited a year, I wouldn't have had to pay to borrow a book from the Brock library. $50 was steep, but I reeeeally wanted to borrow that book. According to the Brock University Surgite! "Interlibrary loan annual fee waived for graduates". Just my luck. Alumni are eligible to borrow up to 15 items from the open stacks of the James A. Gibson Library at no charge.
I did manage to find the same book in NYC this spring for $10 US, and for the same on eBay after delivery, but these were both abridged versions. I will still recommend the Journal of Eugene Delacroix to artists, history buffs, and educators. I read it still once in a while for moral support. A book like that was intended to be read for generations, because peers and collegues aren't always understanding or appreciative of the finer points.
I talked to Ron Dale from Parks Canada on the phone today, after loads of phone tag. He'll be coordinating the celebrations to mark the bicentennial anniversary of the war of 1812. He told me to talk to Bruce Timms with the Region, if I am still interestedin promoting a Laura Secord Trail. (We have more government than you do - almost guaranteed).
Me noggin isn't the only thing looking bald around here. Time to go to Merle's tomorrow so he can rearrange my tires. The snow looks beautiful, but I haven't formalized my intentions towards donating my body to the Body Bank yet. Of course, I also want to donate my skeleton to an art college...

No comments: