Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Right-pawed kitty

Made it to Ridgeway for the 9 a. m. Start-up show with time to spare. I was concerned about the snow because of last night. I saw 3 accidents on the 406, and who knows how many I passed in the areas that were whited out. Today the paper reported over 80 accidents. I drove last night for some distance on the 406 with no headlights; just running lights, because the regular beams were illuminating too much snow and I could only see inches ahead of the car. I sporadically turned on the regular beams to let cars ahead of me know I was still there.

I arrived at my second school today very early - an hour early, so I set up for the Start-up show in the gym and went shopping in Port Dalhousie. I still had the lab coat on so i turned a few heads. The lady wanted to know where I was working, and she asked me a couple of times. I got a table top prayer wheel. The cat a right-handed so maybe she can generate some bodhicitta for herself. She already considers everything else in the house to be a toy. The wheel is an elegant thing and spins readily.

(I considered the phrase "right-pawed" but opted for "handed" for regal matters.)

I met a client at the Strega today who would like some drawings done for Christmas - more later! Afterwards I helped Steve drive June Etta to the bus station. Merry Christmas June Etta!

All I can smell right now is coconut quinoa cooking in the kitchen.

No comments: