Friday, December 29, 2006

holiday fun

My brother got me portable chopsticks for my Christmas present!
They may almost have qualified to be chindogu, but they have been marketed and sold, so they can't qualify. I have been wearing them around my neck every day.
I saw Eric and Kelly Thursday, back from the East Coast for Christmas, and we did a lot of catching up. I never have to explain myself around them, and we get each others' jokes and mannerisms. It's like my generation has it's own culture and diaspora. Eric says my new trumpet is actually a cornet, and Kelly's dad was able to unstick the mouthpiece. Eric played it for a good 2 minutes before the hammer came down - but he got a tune out of it...
Hot water is back, and better than before!
Off to Toronto today for a Tibetan VAJRAKILAYA empowerment. This retreat removes obstacles to Dharma practice and destroys the hostile forces to Compassion.

No comments: