Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Need a Band-Aid

I picked up some stone to carve today - and sliced a good two inch gash into my thumb, right down to the meat. Good, flat, green Virginia slate is easy for me to put pictures and text on. There's a carving of the Dalai Lama I did on my website made from the same stone. The lighting is pretty dramatic because I took the photo at TuTuTango.
I'm releasing "Beatiful Losers" by Leonard Cohen tomorrow at the Mansion House. I've read it already, and since I only paid 69 cents for it at the Value Village, it seems like the thing to do.
Art Under Glass needs better coverage on the Arts Council website, but I can't seem to email them right now. And one of the artists is still in Toronto from the long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on releasing the Cohen book. Strangely, Bookcrossing did not send me a notice that it was 'in the wild," although I track St. Catharines.

Have you read "The Judgement of Paris," by Ross King. It won the GG award for non-fiction in 2006. It is aboout the art culture in France that gave rise to Impressionism. Delacroix was Old School, but rebellious, and died just as the group that became tagged as 'Impressionists' was gathering. I have the book (from the library) and am returning it today. Wait a week, and it will be on the shelves again.