Monday, January 29, 2007

Brian Froude

Anyone who'd like to join me for a toast on Wednesday, January 31, would be more than welcome. My best friend passed away 10 years ago on that date in 1997. He was funny, generous, and talented. Not too many people from that circle of friends are around any more. Most have moved to other cities, looking for work.

I found some wheat gluten flour at the Bulk Barn today. I've been looking ever since reading how easy it is to make seitan, a meat substitute. I had no idea what the stuff was made of until I read an article on the NY Times about a pair of post-punk vegan cooks: We put the F. U. in tofu! We had a power failure a few years ago and I lost some meat in my freezer to the thaw, so I've always appreciated being able to keep various proteins around the house that won't spoil.

I also got a call from another one of the local papers. Looks like we'll be having another article for J's show at Art Under Glass! Woot!

No comments: