Friday, January 05, 2007

Conveyor Belt paintings

Jeffrey got his work installed at the Strega last night. There a couple of pieces I like.
I just finished hanging 80 paintings at the Niagara Artists' Company. I painted 78 little canvases with sunsets and birds for Mad Science. The technique was partly inspired by the one used to make those cheap canvases people buy at the mall: those $20 paintings were done on conveyor belts, people! 39 of my sunsets are 'fakes' and will be paired up with their 'originals' when they are delivered to the various Mad Science franchises across North America. I also added two paintings on rubber, depicting the day after a blizzard several years ago. The rubber was used to print up ads for Jack Astor's. I've added images of fire hydrants surrounded by snow banks. To me, they look like little saints in their little cubby holes.
My arms are sore, my legs are sore, my head is sore, my back is sore. I can't wait to get into bed. Every one at the bar is sick.
I've just released a book at the NAC with bookcrossing dot com.

No comments: