Sunday, March 11, 2007

Knock Knock


I got to be a score-keeper for the Crystal Beach Comets today! They were playing the Jokers and Trevor asked me to help him as he was busy with the scoreboard and the music. All I did was write down the number of shots on goal for each team, and who got the goals. It was fun - but the hour goes by so much faster. Usually, I feel I can relax and just enjoy the rhythm of the game. Oh! And i almost forgot! The drummer for the Barenaked ladies was playing for the Jokers! Afterwards, I gave a Crystal Beach Comets book-bag filled with a copy of Logan in Overtime by Paul Quarrington to Joe Lapinski, who is also on the team. I found the bag at the Value Village, something made for an elementary school down there. The book is one of my favourites. I was inspired to do a painting after reading it, but the images I made of it were all on a zombified hard drive.

Later at the Strega, a wee Mad Scientist and I made up a new Knock Knock joke. Here's how it goes:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Europe
Europe who?
How rude!
(Try it on your friends! She couldn't stop telling it for half an hour!)

No comments: