Thursday, March 01, 2007

Arts Council AGM


Scurrying to the St. Catharines and Area Arts Council Annual General meeting was an adventure. News reports of icy rain and freezing snow had been terrifying drivers for hours. Today was the last day of Mad Science in Fonthill, and we exchanged a number of kits by strategically storing them directly in the Mad Science van. Steve Saturn and I will be needing 4 of them for our adventures in Teeterville tomorrow. All day people have been asking me where that is, and I haven't got a clue.

The Office (restaurant with a clever name: "Honey? I'm at the Office. Can I call you back?") supplied the nosh: Pineapple cream dip, baked potato medallions with roast pork and cramalized onions, prusciutto thingys, and more. I met a new downtown Councillor, Heather Foss. I liked her.

Kim has taken her stuff out of the Fine Grind, and Vincent Verboncouer has his stuff in. I'll put up a poster or an invite as soon as I can find one.

I'm listening to a spoken word CD. Liao-Fan's Four Lessons. It seems to have a tenuous connection to Buddhism.

No comments: