Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Realizations

  1. I love living here and I love what I do. Tonight I just got home from doing Mad Science shows at the Seaway Mall in Welland. There, I got to ignite flammable gases in small containers, I got to give a big shock to my supervisor with a Tesla Coil in front of an audience, and I got to tell my new knock-knock joke to about a dozen strangers.
    Then I ran around town getting art supplies for art classes at Rodman Hall tomorrow. The kids are going to make dinosaur and animal skeletons from pool noodles. We'll also do some Zoom drawings as well, inspired by a favourite set of books written and drawn by Istvan Banyai. My lunch is already prepared: leftover home-made (not homestyle, you marketing fiends!) roadhouse style seitan sandwiches.
    Then I went to the Strega, and Kelly gave me leftover chunks of wood from her basement renovations. I'll let the kids use those for sculpture bases.
    Then! I went to the Merchant Ale House and saw Maja Bannerman perform. Jordan Fry introduced her, and compared her favourably to an orgasm. Here, we'll just say it was a very colourful and deserved description. Maja brings so much life to her performances, I think I'll start looking for more of them. Nothing on TV that can't be taped. Terrance Cox read as well.
  2. My most durable relationship with an unrelated female has been with Punk-Rock-Girl, my cat.

2 comments:

Ms Parker said...

1. I love being lucky enough and free enough to do what I do.

2. Every night, I cuddle with an unrelated (feline) male named Jakob. But, you know, he doesn't snore, so that's a plus.

Why aren't you on Facebook yet?

Anonymous said...

Facebook? Facebook? I have 2 blogs, a website, msn, a cell phone, a landline, a bookcrossing page, a crappy myspace page and now Facebook too? What can facebook offer me that Plenty o' Fish can't! (I think I might even have a Facebook page, but I can't remember what my name is....)
:)