Saturday, March 10, 2007

Seitan is simmering...

Mmmmmm - the seitan is simmering, awaiting the sizzle of my saucepan.

March break approaches, and art classes have gone all higgledy piggledy. I'll be covering for someone at Rodman Hall on Wednesday but don't have any other information yet. A young lady has been consulting with me about drawing her portrait. Very spiritual, she is investigating many paths right now, including New York City's best seller, The Secret.

I purchased a small bust of a Roman centurion made from resin and alabaster dust. His nose and one eye are chipped, but it still catches the light really well for portrait classes. Why should a modern portrait of a Roman be any different from the ancient Mediterranean ones? I think the damage will add character to all the drawings made using it as a model, not to mention giving those same drawings a pedigree.

No comments: