Sunday, February 04, 2007

The day off


I have a sketch-pad reserved now for adding pictures to some selected haiku. So far I have a picture sketched of a cat peering over a window sill for a poem by Shiki:

A bird sang,
knocking down
a red berry


You can see I am not planning to illustrate the poems, but respond to them.

I am restringing my mala beads with ribbon. Speaker wire wasn't cutting it.

I've also mixed up a couple of batches of seitan: Cajun flavor and Greek sausage. The Cajun has pepper seeds from the front yard, a touch of liquid smoke, and store bought cajun seasoning. The Greek is more natural, with olive paste, garlic, crushed black peppercorns, yeast extract, and fennel seeds. After mixing these with water and boiling the dumplings, I rolled the lumps in wax paper and froze them in long sausage shapes. When I need sausage, I'll remove a length from the freezer bag, defrost it a bit, slice it up and fry it like a sausage. Mwah hah hah! (Seitan-ic laugh)

Now back to work. I have about 15 garbage bags to throw out at the Mansion. And I need to do it before the Superbowl party gets going. Ooof.

No comments: