Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sad news

I have just found out that my grandfather passed away this morning. My father has selected me to be a pall bearer on Monday. Other than that, I will also have to help remove my Gramps' stuff from the nursing home Friday or else they will be charging our family over $300 a day.
I may need to skip the Mad Science party. I did not know I would be needed to help my dad empty out my Gramps' room so soon.
I will be cleaning the Mansion in the morning, and then teaching at St. Michaels in NOTL from 10 a. m. until 2 pm. Please do not phone me until these classes are over. The teachers and I are prepared for lessons on 2D shapes.
I will have to miss the regularly scheduled meeting at Mad Science, but I should be able to pick up the materials necessary for the birthday party in the evening, including bubble solution, dish soap, t-shirts, PVA, Sodium Borate solution, cups, stir sticks, and whatever else. I would appreciate it if someone could pick up the dry ice for me. I will go directly from St. Michaels on Highway 55 to the Mad Science lab. I currently have a birthday kit in my living room. If I put it in the car in the morning it will be with me all day. There is nothing in the kit that would freeze.
As far as I understand, the party is in St. Catharines, and starts at 5:45 p.m. and will continue for approximately one hour.
After the party is over I will be going to meet my dad.
I will need Monday off in order to be a pall-bearer and be with my family.
Laurie Boese

No comments: