Thursday, February 01, 2007

roller coaster thrill in my throat

Lesley has installed her work at the Strega and it looks amazing. I am going to get one for myself. Her premise is brilliant as well: Combining text from a dating website and Victorian Valentine's cards. They are so well thought through and elegantly composed. The contrasts in style between the text from so long ago mingled with the grunts and sparkles from what I still consider "the future" and very engaging.
Jeffrey picked up a bit o' cash from Ron, who loves the idea of hanging a photograph of an abandoned decrepit "Sony" billboard in his recording studio.
Kim's framed photographs are on the wall of the Fine Grind. Rob's GF brought flowers in for tomorrow.
Classes today were overwhelmingly pleasant. I got the roller coaster thrill in my throat twice today: once while the kids were working so hard on their chess boards, and again while Lesley was installling her art.

No comments: