Tuesday, February 13, 2007

discipline-deficit disorder ?

Attention teachers! New terminology heard today on CBC Radio One: discipline-deficit disorder

Yesterday my brother and I checked out a used bookstore and I found 2 books about Haiku:
  1. Haiku in English by Harold G. Henderson
  2. the gathering wave by alvaro cardona-hine

Tonight, I plan to hop over to the Merchant Ale house for the Grey Borders readings by a couple of authors.

  1. http://www.wier.ca/mchristakos.html
  2. http://www.timconley.ca/

There might not be too many people because they've been predicting a double-whammy of winter storms. Ron is on his way from Wainfleet. My cousin was 'released' from Meaford for the funeral. I imagine the army likes the idea of a guy in uniform acting as a pall-bearer. Worked for us. He may come out as well.

My art classes tomorrow are cancelled, not due to weather, but to Valentine's day bingo for the kiddies in Grade 2. Can't say I blame them. Be a good time to start the lino cuts, if all my lesson plans are in order. In the evening the local secular humanist society is planning to celebrate Darwin's birthday at a Chinese buffet restaurant, next to a Wal-mart. My mind is reeling.

1 comment:

Adriana said...

HI Elbows! That’s pretty cool to find interesting books dealing with subjects you happen to be working on. I've actually started taking a few classes at the local writers annex. One on poetry and the other on Character development. Both are challenging, but get me writing. you seem to be quite busy. Are you an art teacher, or do you offer your services to local schools to supplement your art? I love the heart maze you drew, very true. I think most people get half way and then decide to get married! Well, I hope you're doing well and eating lots of healthy wheat gluten :) Wheat gluten comes up a lot in your writing! - Adriana