Thursday, February 08, 2007

Still cold - 15 degrees


Found a great old book yesterday by the kinetic sculpture maker, Alexander Calder. I knew about his sculpture work from school, and from the Albright Knox, but had no idea he drew. His drawings remind me of oriental brush painting, the way they carry the life of the animals into the vigor of the brush stroke.
Lesley Finds has an opening tonight! Great stuff!
The kids at school started their chess pieces today. The principal looked thrilled. She even suggested some great stuff (which we all know I've been raving about already for years), that the kids could apply this lesson to language as well as math, and more! I can't wait to add some pictures. The kids brough in really colourful salt doughs. One kid was a class hero for his kool-aid coloured clay. Usually I dedicate 5 full days to this project, and it's heart breaking to squeeze it into 3 one hour visits.
On a side note, I am probably MUCH better at Free Cell than I need to be..

No comments: