Saturday, November 18, 2006

Advice, please

So, I'd like some advice. I have new neighbours downstairs, underneath Matt's place. A fellow, a lady, a dog, and occasionally some children. This week the lady asked if she could borrow my washing machine, as she hasn't got one yet, and her baby needs a new blanket. Matt pays the hydro bill for the washer and the washer is mine. Matt and I are fine with this arrangement. I told her this one time should be okay, but let her know that Matt might later express concerns about a higher hydro bill. The next day she told me the machine wouldn't drain - that it was broken. I haven't looked at it yet. Yesterday, Matt was in the hallway and told me the same thing, but added that the machine had been overloaded. He told me it ought to drain if it is only used for 'delicates' since the'delicate' cycle does not spin the clothes, as spinning creates wrinkles. I will also be needing clean clothes; this is why I own a washer and a dryer. I don't have the inclination or cash to call a repair professional, and I have fixed the machine myself in the past.

Should I just fix the machine and add a lock to the machine's lid? Should I ask her for money to repair the thing?

No comments: