Saturday, November 25, 2006

Four star day

Four star day.

I cleaned for a while, then went to Rodman Hall for my classes - with 2! thermoses of green tea! Yum! The kids in the classes were great. My 'client' came after class and paid for the painting. She thinks it is great and went to go have it framed. Then I had to zip to the Lab to pick up gear for a bunch of Mad Science shows.

Then I had to finish cleaning.

There was time, so I treated myself to dinner at the Strega. (Stella! Ste-eh-eh-lla!)

Now it gets interesting. A table of four sat down during dinner and had some wine and salads waiting for their food. I was done my pasta and was reading the paper, when a woman started to raise her voice. Not unusual, but I looked up. The yelling continued. She yelled that a fellow at her table was having a seizure, but that wasn't really clear to me. He seemed rather calm when I looked. She started to exclaim that he was diabetic and that he needed some honey. The staff were getting water, and were on the phone. I knew where the honey was, and brought it over. She asked for someone to call 911, but another at the table said that wasn't really necessary. I hoped she knew what she was talking about, because she was the only person anybody could hear. Lots of stuff happened quickly now. The fellow fell to the floor from his chair and she got really loud. "His head hit the floor! His head hit the floor!"

I moved the tables away from the fellow, and went to the front door to flag down the coming ambulance, in case they couldn't find the place. Kelly's brother was on the floor next to him making sure he didn't swallow his tongue.

I had to be in Thorold in a half hour at this point, for Mad Science. When the paramedics arrived, I had Kelly let me in the back door, to get my stuff. (There was no way to pay her what with the to do, so I left a book behind as a hostage.) This Thorold event was to be a 40th birthday party, and I was to entertain the kids. I was feeling my mortality the whole way there. The show was amazing and I got more compliments from the kids than ever. Then I drove back to the restaurant and paid up. Everything was back to normal, with Bill Wong and Cathy Evans there performing for charity.

How's that for a Saturday night? I hope I can fall asleep, because I have a 2 hour Christmas show tomorrow at the Market Square after the Santa Claus Parade. I would like to think that if I was ever in an emergency, that there could be people around who would know what to do.

No comments: