Monday, November 06, 2006

Re-assessed!

Ever get an envelope from the federal government, and then when you look inside you see that your income taxes have been reassessed? That special jelly-like feeling I got in my knees is something I'll never forget. It's like the time you got dumped by your girlfriend, or, the time you finish your business in the stall and realize you have no toilet paper. Unforgettable. Well, time to move on. I am as of today doubling the prices on my paintings.

The Grades ones and twos made cute little clay mammals, and the Mad Scientists made glow-in-the-dark slime. The classes went so well today, I wish they paid the bills a little better. I'm actually wondering if I should quit one of my jobs and put myself in a different tax bracket. I will admit to fantasizing on the drive home about getting my various bosses to start bidding a little more seriously for my services. "Weekends? No, no, we would never ask you to work weekends! You need that time off to relax, Laurie! Take it easy for a change." Might be nice to see an art gallery that didn't have my own work in it.

No comments: