Sunday, November 05, 2006

EGGGAGE DFFFGFED

Kyle came through with the Cotton Candy maker yesterday. Seems he had booked 2 mega-parties this weekend, and both needed the machine.

The STRUTT fashion show was well worth the effort, of course. Standing room only meant lots of socialization. I should have brought a camera so you could see the models wearing my maze jackets. Anna Kraevska's newspaper dress was my favourite piece. Saw Monica and Greg. June Etta Chenard has sent a nice compliment about my jackets. Laura MacDonald told me last night that sitting in the front row, she was amazed, and said to her companions, "Can you see this? It's amazing! This really IS wearable art!" She could actually read the Baba ganoush recipe and see it was integrated into the maze. Went out afterwards and discussed the show with Michelle and Catherine(sp?), art teachers from Ridley College. Also talked about the good old days with Shawn Lane, a friend of mine since Grade 6. He had prepared some of the food for the Fashion Show.

Today has been all about lesson planning for tomorrow. I need to colour code my lesson planning pages - they all look alike in my book. I'd like some space on the forms for some visuals.

Taught myself a riff from the Siouxsie & the Banshees tune - no idea what it is called. Here are the notes as I play them on my kalimba: EGGGAGE DFFFGFED - then she starts singing. If anyone can tell me the tune, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: