Thursday, November 30, 2006

20 years

Lesson planning never ends, especially when you have to clean a restaurant every morning to pay the bills.
Last night I had dinner at Vaughan's and will eat the leftovers tonight. Ron and I went to Theatre Beyond Words for a script reading. Here's the premise: After the American Civil War, the elected Confederate President and several other officers moved to Niagara-on-the-lake. Considering the play has a basis in historical fact, I wanted to check it out.
Today was full; after cleaning I had Mad Science in Welland, where I saw Dan Brown. He's a teacher there. Dan was preparing a project for his students - the artist-trading-cards. He says the students have been enthusiastic about this project for years. I had told him years ago about this website and that we had a club doing it at the NAC. Dee and some Suitcase in Point people were into it too. Well, folks are STILL into it. The kids will actually send their cards away, and get someone else's randomly selected cards in return.
I showed Kim to the Fine Grind for an Art Under Glass proposal. Mori has sent me alphabet images too, but I haven't opened them yet.
I saw one of my old art class students at one of the schools today. She teaches now. After teaching for 20 years, I guess I can't be surprised. Where's my anniversary party?

No comments: