Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Backwards day

efgecCba
defdbag
cd ee ee ee fd
cc ed cc

Yesterday the 2/3s got to make their first prints using styrofoam plates. The teacher told me one of the kids had announced Tuesday was going to be "Backwards day" and I confirmed it without warning. All their writing and pictures would be backwards before printing! I can only imagine what is going through the little guy's head.
Found a great book of Chinese Fables in the used book store, all wrapped up like a library book. There are some very literate people out in Port Colborne, somewhere....
Then, on the way to the next gig, while stopped at the lock bridge by a giant red lake ship, Marcie called from Rodman Hall to ask if I'd like to so a Christmas-time workshop. I told her we could do Christmas cards with styrofoam plates and ink, just like the Port Colborne kids.
I saw a flock of turkeys near the Stelco plant south of Welland, and went to see if I could collect a feather. No feathers, but I did find a cool rock. Turkeys are HUGE!
Met Ron at the Merchant Ale House for $5 dinner and literary reading. The darts didn't work out so good - the plastic tips seem designed for softer targets than we could find.
Today was all about the Mad Science. One of the teachers pretended to be horrified at my Crystal Beach Comets book bag. I told her I would accept one from Ridgeway if she was offering...

No comments: